So here we go in our first of a series of ‘years’ from the beginning to end of Stardust. We hope we’ve captured some memories here, and please feel free to leave a comment either below or on our Facebook page if you would like to add anything to this?!
DJs at Stardust : French Ben and The Dean Of Disco
- September 28th – 1st ever Stardust at the NMB, and then fortnightly on Fridays.
- Brandon Block plays Liberty dance night at the NMB.
- Oasis play their first gig in Sheffield, as 2nd support to BMX Bandits, at the NMB in October 1993.
- Carling Black Label is 80p per pint at the NMB.
- Hallam University’s Graduation Ball is held at The Roxy.
- Whitney Houston, Take That & Wet Wet Wet play Sheffield Arena.
- East 17 play Sheffield City Hall
- Lee Evans plays Sheffield University for £3.50.
- The Palais on London Road becomes The Music Factory.
- Biggest Selling UK Single of 1993: “I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)”- Meatloaf.
- In The News in 1993: A high speed train makes the first journey from France to England via the Channel Tunnel, the UK Independence Party is formed and Graham Taylor resigns as England football manager.