As Stardust entered its 2nd year, Wet Wet Wet had spent 15 long weeks claiming Love is All Around, a young Rufus Brutus (Guesty) had entered the DJ box and alcohol was still £1 in the Students’ Union, there was much to celebrate. Can you add to any of these memories…?
DJs at Stardust: French Ben, The Dean Of Disco and Rufus Brutus
- The Bavarian Beer Schunklers (Stompers) play Freshers Week at Hallam University.
- Game Show night The Snoopy Club arrives on Tuesday nights at the NMB. Jim Bowen appears for a Christmas Bullseye Special.
- Goth night Epitaph starts at the NMB.
- Radiohead play the NMB.
- Bottles of Pils are £1 at the NMB, whilst pints of Heineken and Flowers Bitter is £1 a pint at Collegiate’s Forgers Bar.
- Hallam University’s mid-week student night is on Mondays at Cairo’s – called Screw.
- The Forum Cafe Bar opens.
- Prodigy play Sheffield University and Green Day play The Leadmill for £6.
- Biggest Selling UK Single of 1994: “Love Is All Around” – Wet Wet Wet
- In The News in 1994: The first National Lottery Draw takes place, Wet Wet Wet’s “Love Is All Around” spends 15 weeks at no.1 in the singles chart and film Four Weddings and a Funeral (in which the song is featured) is released.